Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Easy Peasy Homemade Chicken Strips

This is my mother's recipe and I LOVE these chicken strips.  I decided to make them last night for the first time.  It was a quick, easy dinner and something my husband would actually eat.

In the bustle of getting everyone fed, I forgot to take a picture of my final product, so I stole one off of google images, but it very closely represents what mine looked like.

What you need:
Chicken strips, thawed (I use Giant Eagle boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins from the freezer section.  I get these because I use them in a variety of dishes and they are the easiest to work with and you can cook them frozen and they still come out delicious!)
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour (approximately)
1/2 cup bread crumbs (approximately)
vegetable oil
frying pan skillet

1. Pour enough vegetable oil in the frying pan to cover the bottom.
2. Heat to medium-high heat. (My stove knob goes to 8 then High so I set it at 7.)
3. Mix the egg and milk together, it should be thin.
4. Mix the flour and bread crumbs in a separate bowl.  I used Market District bread crumbs and they worked great!
5. Dip chicken strips, one at a time, into the egg mixture, then the bread crumb mixture, and place in hot oil in the pan.
6. Fry until brown, flip over, fry until brown. (This took about 5-7 minutes on each side about 8 strips fit in my pan at once.   I cut open a few to make sure they were cooked through before pulling them out.)
7. Pull out of pan when done and place on plate covered with paper towel, to absorb the extra oil.

With the above recipe, I made 10 chicken strips and with a "starving" husband and 2 small children it fed all of us.  I made Bob Evans Family Size Macaroni and Cheese as a side.  It is about $7 at Giant Eagle, but we don't get it often and to us is well worth it.  It is delicious and super easy, just pop it in the microwave for 7 minutes and you have a quick dinner side.  The flour and bread crumbs are approximate, just use about a 50/50 mixture.  I put in a little more bread crumbs because I like my strips crunchy.

 
 
Let me know what you think of them!

Happy Blogging and Happy Pinning!


No comments:

Post a Comment